Friday, January 11, 2013

The life of Thor, Kevin Thor that is.

Celebrating the end of the world with one of my good friends!

Hello all! My name is Kevin Thor and I am a sophomore Business Administration and Finance major with Accounting and Communication minors. I am 19 years old and originally from Stanton, Nebraska (more commonly known as a small town by Norfolk, 2 hours away). This is my 3rd online class, so I have had some experience! I chose to take intercultural communications because I have a passion for traveling and thought it would be an interesting course to learn more about the different styles of communication with a variety of areas and people. As I continue to travel throughout my life I would like to have some more information and ideas on communication styles around the world.


Canoeing down the Concord River to the North Bridge with friends from Boston.

I have a ton of interests, but primarily have a passion for traveling, helping others and networking, and leadership opportunities. I also love photography! I have traveled to most of the U.S. (only 12 states left!) with my favorite city being Boston.  I have been there 4 times, love the culture and everything to see there and have a few good friends in the area to visit! I’ve done road trips to Boston & NYC, Panama City, Padre, and L.A., with my next one to the northwest coast this summer – San Francisco up to Vancouver. I’ve been to Canada and the United Kingdom, also, and am participating in a Semester at Sea in Fall 2013 to 16 countries across Europe, Africa, and South America - going to be one heck of a cruise!

Tour of Hollywood and downtown L.A. after
moving my two friends there last winter!
Besides traveling, I am a speech coach at Lincoln Southwest and involved in many groups on campus. I keep really busy and I enjoy all of it! My photography interest really came in once I started traveling; I am always really inspired by all the natural beauty and different places to see outside of the small town life I grew up in.

I am looking forward to this class and hope to gain more knowledge and appreciation for different cultures I will experience in my traveling adventures. 
Reppin' the Huskers at a PBL National Leadership Conference last summer in San Antonio, TX! GBR

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the class! YOur love of photography will definitely come in handy with our blog and video assignments. I also think that we can drawn on your love of traveling with the cultural reporter project! Your upcoming semester at sea trip sounds amazing. I hope this class can inspire you to keep a blog of that trip too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.