Friday, January 11, 2013

Nick Kleinschmits introduction


Well, to start off, my name is Nicholas Kleinschmit, but everyone, aside from my mother, calls me Nick. I am a senior here at good ol' UNL, if you wanna get technical I am a fifth year senior, but thats neither here nor there. I am majoring in Fisheries and Wildlife with a speicalization on Wildlife Damage Management with a minor in Rangeland Ecosystems. So, I spend quite a bit of time on East Campus, specifically Hardin Hall.

I am 22 years old and grew up in Crofton, Ne a little po-dunk town about 3 hours North of Lincoln. My interests and hobbies are not too much different than any normal male college student. I like to hang out with friends, have myself a nice cocktail on the weekends..preferably Budweiser, stay up too late, wake up early and complain that I am tired all day. I also enjoy playing and hanging out with my dog (the big yellow guy right below this paragraph)  and in my opinion every one should have a dog in their life.

I am really big into outdoor activities, I cover quite a realm of interests, such as; kayaking, canoeing, fishing, sports, camping, outside beer drinking, and hunting. I put hunting last because that is a big part of my life and has shaped my life in a big way, it is the reason I chose the major that I did. So, to put a long story short, I am a pretty normal guy. I like to play video games, I like to go out with friends, I am a huge smartass and really cherish the relationships that I have with my family and friends, they are the most important people in my life.

To be honest, the reason I chose this class was because it opened up some free time in my schedule and I need this class to graduate. But, I am kind of excited to get into this class because it is a different kind of learning style than I have had in other online classes and am looking forward to seeing how this class plays out. I hope to learn how to better with people online.

I am looking forward to what the semester brings and getting to know all of you virtually.

--Nick



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the class! I really enjoyed reading your post. I like your belief that everyone should have a dog in their life. I would extend that by saying a pet in general since I'm a crazy cat lady. But in my defense I have a 15 pound cat that is like a small, but not yappy, dog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.