Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Joshua Lundell Introduction

If you can't watch my video, my name is Josh Lundell.  I'm 20 years old and I'm a sophomore here at Lincoln.  I 'm a Comm major, and I'm really looking forward to this class.  I have never taken an online class before, so I'm ready for something new, and I'm excited to test the waters.  I'm looking forward to reading all of your posts and meeting you guys!

Cheers everybody!

Josh.

3 comments:

  1. I can't play one instrument, let alone twelve! What instruments do you play? And was there one particular Disney movie that sparked your interest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can play the piano, guitar, bass, violin, viola, cello, keyboard(I play on my phantom g6), harmonica, trumpet, saxaphone, flute, and lastly the tuba! Honestly, there wasn't one particular Disney movie, but some of the songs that stand out the most to me are "I can go the distance" from Hercules, "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan, and the whole Lion King soundtrack. I just think it'd be so amazing to compose songs that nearly everybody knows, and that will live on through these classics forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the class! I love that you included a video, you've got a head start on the upcoming assignments now! For the cultural identity video, I would like for your to mix narration, which you did in this video, with photos, music, text slides, and any other elements that you would like to include.

    Very impressive list of musical instruments. My partner is a musician and while he primarily plays guitar, he loves perusing Craigslist and buying new instruments that he swears he's going to learn! I think your dream job of composing for Disney is awesome. When I teach the face to face section of 211 we always watch a Disney video. I think you could learn so much about culture not only through the films but the songs that become some ingrained in our culture. I think the Mulan song you mentioned is a great example of cultural messages regarding gender. You could definitely use the music to formulate your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.