Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lance Johnson Introduction

Hello, all. My name is Lance Johnson and I am a senior from Bellevue, NE. I call Bellevue my hometown even though I have never lived in the same place for more than four years as I grew up in a military family.  I will be graduating in December with a degree in criminal justice.  I am actually graduating early, in three and a half years to be exact, and currently am only 20 years old. I have a wide range of experiences in the criminal justice field including interning with the Lincoln Police Department and starting an internship with the US Marshals next week. I am deeply interested with the justice system and all subjects related to crime.



 I decided to take this course because I have had great experiences with communications classes in the past.  Further, I believe learning how to communicate properly is essential in today's workplace.  More specific to intercultural communication and my own career, I know as a law enforcement officer in the years to come I will interact with a wide variety of cultures in various contexts and I believe this course can help me further develop my communication in this field.

I also work at Bank of the West as an assistant manager; a job that I have had since being 18 years old. Between being a full time student, working at the bank, and my internships I don't have much time for hobbies.  However, when I do have some free time I love to play with my dog, a four month old Shiba Inu, watch football, especially the Green Bay Packers, and cook, specifically experimenting with new meals. (I have some very easy, good, and fast recipes if anyone is interested.)



I look forward to working and interacting with each of you as the semester progresses.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the class! Given your hectic schedule and upcoming internship with the US Marshals (Cograts!), I think an online class will definitely be beneficial for you. Love the pics of your adorable puppy. You mention a love of cooking? What's your favorite recipe. I must admit I'm not the cook in the house, but I love giving my partner new recipes to try out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.