Friday, January 11, 2013

Kaylee Everly

 Hello everyone! My name is Kaylee Everly, I am 19 years old and from Fremont, Nebraska. I am a sophomore, journalism major and have had an interesting college career thus far. As a freshman I was selected to be part of a team of nine other photojournalism students to report on poverty throughout Kyrgyzstan through the College of Journalism and Mass Communications. I chose to spend my time in coal mines and with injured miners in Tash-Kumyr. It was a changing point for me. I was forced to grow immensely and quickly. Since then I have been on two other trips. Over the summer I spent three weeks in India reporting on migrant train workers and about a week ago I got back from Brazil where I worked with disabled children, which was by far the most rewarding. It taught me a great deal in being thankful for the basics: my arms and my legs and my ability to use them. That is why I love photojournalism. It provides the opportunity to learn something you wouldn’t get to otherwise and to then to share what you have learned with the world. Other than traveling and photography I enjoy spending time with friends and family. I also work for the Daily Nebraskan as a photojournalist.



I have taken the online library class but that is the extent of my experience with online courses. I signed up for this class because I find other cultures fascinating and hope that what I learn will help me to become a more rounded person and that I will be able to apply it to my future traveling adventures.

Thanks for looking.

--Kaylee

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the class! I really enjoyed reading about your travels and your photojournalism experiences. I would love to see you integrate this passion into the cultural reporter project blogs and videos. I'm a firm believer that stories are not only told through words but images. You should definitely check out the comm department's course in Visual Communication!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.