My honest first reaction to UNL Haters is that the site is hilarious. I am not laughing with the writers of these hateful messages though. I find people that feel they should be openly hateful like this are hilarious. They are only making themselves look like idiots in a public setting. People say stupid stuff like this all the time. I can not change how they feel, and honestly do not feel like these people deserve a response from me in any way. If you say something like this in front of me I am probably going to think in my head you are an idiot and lose a massive amount of respect for you. You can go hating all the people you want, that is your business, just leave me out of it. I do not care if you are bothered by some group of Asians hanging out by Selleck. I think it is great that people from the other side of the planet move here to learn at this university. I hope they find success and can learn from there experiences in this country. Do what you want, but I am the type of person that would go up to group of people and talk with them to learn about their experiences in this country and how it compares to where they grew up. I have personally found a broad spectrum of experiences. Some really enjoy it here, and some can not wait to be done and go back.
Looks like to complete this requirement for this class I should give one of these people a response, even though I really do not want to. It is a hypothetical response anyway. His phone is probably in Japanese because he can better operate his phone in that language. The cell phone I used in Switzerland was set to English, because that is how I needed it to be able to figure out how to do anything with it. Why do you care that this guy has his phone set to a different language dude? You kinda confuse me. A better use of your brain might be to think about what YOU need to be doing.
I feel like all of that was a bit obvious, and not really worth the time, but whatever. People can say whatever they want, and if I hear you say something hateful I am going to make a note in my head that you might not be a person I am interested in talking with. As for the UNL Haters blog. Thanks for the laugh. I do feel you are being hateful towards hateful people with this blog, and to me that is a bit hypocritical. To each his own.
Works Cited
Kyle Regen. (2012, September 25). Retrieved from http://unl-haters.tumblr.com/
This is definitely a free space to express yourself, but it is important to back this up with clear connections to our readings and the learning unit. Argue for your opinion and perspective. As this reads now, the passion in arguing against this blog response is missing. Also, try to incorporate audio visual material to enhance your points.
ReplyDelete